The benefits are varied, but perhaps the most valuable is that Visual Arts ignites a love of learning.
Benefits for our children include:
- Reinforcing critical thinking and true comprehension so the children understand what they are learning and can apply it to the real world.
- Children learn best through a hands-on approach, therefore, it enables them to explore their environment and express themselves through movement, drawing, painting, reading, writing, building and many other communicative and cognitive means.
- Children are not rushed from one activity to the next, instead they are encouraged to repeat key experiences, delve further into subject matter, continue multiple observations, consider and reconsider, and represent and re-represent.
- It allows for a more comprehensive approach, enabling children to work at a more gradual pace. This allows them to retain information and form a firm knowledge base that strengthens learning in later schooling.
- Ensures children work at their appropriate developmental levels which -
- Increases their pace of learning
- Decreases frustration
- Promotes higher level thinking that is essential to mastering larger concepts
- Motivates Childrens' interests and involvement
- Facilitates the delivery of a well-balanced curriculum, which prepares students for life
It also includes a focus on collaboration and cooperation, to build empathy and compassion within the children, allowing us to celebrate childhood, collaboration, creativity, curiosity and courage.