Good Sporting Season So Far
July 03, 2015 at 1:28 PM
With Term 2 now finished and the winter sport Premier Teams well into their competitions, below is a summary of where our Premier Teams are placed.
- Rugby 1st XV has now played 8 rounds of competition and is placed nicely at the top of the table scoring a remarkable 392 points for and only 65 points against in the 8 games. The team now takes a well-earned rest over the holidays and will be ready to take on Auckland Grammar and Kings in the first 2 weeks of Term 3 and then aim to get a home semi-final on the 15th August.
- Premier Netball Team has finished the term and the first stage of the Auckland competition unbeaten. The final game of Term 2 was a great win over the current NZ Champions, MAGS and the team is now on top of the table. They competition will continue in Term 3 and the team will work towards making the final on the 19th August.
- Boys 1st XI Football Team is unbeaten through Round 1 of the Auckland Premier Competition and is sitting at the top of the table. The team will want to continue this form into the second round of the competition with the aim to win the Premier Trophy.
- Girls 1st XI Football Team is also unbeaten after its round robin stage to be placed in 2nd place behind Mt Albert Grammar and head into the Auckland Provincial Cup (APC) as 2nd seeds and will aim to be in the final on the 19th August.
- Girls' 1st XI Hockey Team had a very successful Auckland Competition by making the final of this Championship for the first time ever and then with a draw with Diocesan share the Auckland Title. The team has now moved into the Super City competition which will continue for the rest of the season and then will compete in the Federation Cup for the first time in September.
- Boys' 1st XI Hockey Team has done extremely well with such a young team. The team secured a place in the Super City 2 competition and will work towards the National Tournament in September.
- Boys’ and Girls’ Basketball Teams have completed the first rounds of competition and have already started the 2nd round. The Girls’ team has made a lot of progress in the term and will look to add to its wins. Both teams will be aiming towards the Regional Championships in September to try to qualify for the Nationals Championships.
- Cycling Premier Boys and Girls have only had 2 Team Time Trial Races this term. The boys' team has placed 2nd in both races with the girls having placed 2nd in the first race and then 1st in the second race at Pukekohe. Cyclists will compete in the North Island Championships in the holidays and then continue the Auckland TTT Series in Term 3.
- Badminton Premier Team has had a great return to the Premier Competition and at the end of Term 2 has placed in the top 4 to go on to compete in the playoffs in Term 3.
Many students are representing their region or NZ across many sports in the holidays.
Back to News List