Director of Sport
Full time permanent
Senior College and Middle College
Commencing January 2019. We are a leader among independent schools in Australasia, providing a future-focused values-based Presbyterian education for students from 3 to 18 years old, in four schools on three campuses across Auckland. Significant features of the Pakuranga Campus include the outstanding physical environment, excellent facilities and the division into Senior and Middle Colleges with students who are enthusiastic and motivated to learn.
Reporting to the Senior College Principal, the primary role of this position is to oversee the extensive sporting programme, through the Sports Administrators and Directors of individual codes, for students at our Pakuranga Campus.
Applicants should have:
- A knowledge and understanding of a wide range of sports
- Experience in effectively leading and developing a high functioning team of employees
- Experience in reviewing sporting performance and leading improvement
- A commitment to the highest standards of sportsmanship and fair play
- Exceptional communication and relationship skills
- A proven record of being well organised and coping under pressure
- Business acumen and evidence of managing a sizeable budget
- Strong interpersonal skills
- An understanding and commitment to the Presbyterian traditions of Saint Kentigern
Saint Kentigern offers competitive salary packages which will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Please apply by sending a current CV and covering letter, including three referee names and contact details. This should be emailed to email@example.com by and addressed to: Sandra Melhuish, Human Resources Co-ordinator. Applications close Friday 2 November 2018.
Please click here for a copy of our Saint Kentigern Statement of Intent.