Saint Kentigern is invested in creating an environment where students can thrive and feel safe. All complaints are treated seriously.

The Complaints Procedure for International Students at Saint Kentigern College has been developed to support the resolution of student complaints constructively and fairly.

A minor complaint
Talk to your Teacher

  • Talk to your Tutor
  • Talk to the Head of International Students
  • Talk to your Head of House

A Serious Complaint
Prepare a complaint in writing. 

  1. Present your complaint in writing to the Head of House. You can have a support person with you. The Head of House will investigate the complaint and respond after the investigation is complete. 
  2. If you are unsatisfied you may take your complaint to the Deputy Principal, Wellbeing. You can have a support person with you. 
  3. If you are unsatisfied you can take your complaint to the Principal. You can have a support person with you. 

If your concerns are not resolved by the internal grievance procedures, you can contact the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA), who will process your complaint. 

NZQA will be the first point of contact for all complaints about the Code and will investigate complaints about suspected breaches of the Code. 

NZQA also has the authority to apply sanctions to schools where breaches are found to have occurred.

Raising a complaint with NZQA will not adversely affect your immigration status. 

Follow the link to istudents complaints this website provides full information about the NZQA complaints process and additional about how to make a compliant.