The wishes of the Founders are expressed in the Trust Deed as follows:
The Founders are desirous of founding and providing for a School, or Schools of learning and other institutions wherein boys and girls of this country shall be cared for taught and educated in accordance with those principles and precepts traditionally present in that system of education which based on the religion of the Presbyterian Church inculcates a desire for the acquisition of knowledge for the Glory of God and the benefit of mankind a proper discipline of mind and body and a life of service to others.’
In pursuit of that vision, Saint Kentigern College was opened in 1953, and Saint Kentigern School was opened in 1959. In May 2009, the Saint Kentigern Trust Board assumed the responsibility for staffing and operations of Saint Kentigern School for Girls – Corran. A Preschool was opened on the Girls’ School site in 2011.
The Saint Kentigern Trust Board is the governing body for these four schools